Nair Systems is currently looking for Systems Support Engineer for our Qatar operations with the following terms & conditions.
Minimum 5 years of relevant work experience as a Systems Administrator
Education and Qualifications Required
• As a minimum, Certified degree in Computer related field such as Computer Science or Engineering.
• Recognized certifications such as Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), CCNA, Commvault certified professional, Azure solution architect, MCP, etc. preferred
Any Additional Requirements
• Advanced working knowledge of MS Exchange email services,, MS Active Directory services, Windows based (DNS,DHCP, etc) services, Anti-virus and Anti-spam systems, Database Management, Virtualization platform Management required.
Role and Responsibility
• Troubleshooting mail flow issue (Exchange, Office365, Forcepoint).
• Troubleshooting Servers related issue – Exchange servers, AD, Radius servers. EV server, F-secure antivirus managementSymantec endpoint Manage upgrade or troubleshooting with support. DHCP related issues, Exchange reporter application upgrade etc.
• Monthly Microsoft Windows patching on all VMs and Physical servers through WSUS approx. 160 servers. Pushing windows patches to workstations.
• Vulnerability Management as per tickets, Emails, CR received from IT security team.
• Users’ permissionsaccount management as per requests received from IT security team.
• Attend calls from support team. Provide second level support to Support team like troubleshooting outlook issues, network dhcp ip, user account related issues, VPN basic checks, MFA-MDM troubleshooting and creating ticket with Microsoft Office365 support if required, USB allow tasks, P drive not accessible etc.
• Creating PDQ, GPO package for mass deployment.
• Screensaver, Email Signature deployment to all systems- Request is received Marketing Team on intervals.
• Manage Service Desk application functioning, troubleshooting, upgrade.
• Force Point release emails as per requests received from users
• Forcepoint Web policies requests, troubleshooting websites not opening etc.
• Upgrade or install Forcepoint email and web appliance hotfixes with help of support.
• Reverse Proxy Fortiweb operations related tasks.
• FolderMailbox permissionsGroup Membership requests received from users.
• Exchange Hybrid permission management.
• Create FolderMailboxGroups, account creation, account disable, account management etc.
• Microsoft Office365 tenant portal operations like create on-cloud mailboxes, giving permissions, troubleshooting.
• Printers Asset list management. SafeQ and XDA application management and troubleshooting.
• Monthly Service Desk and Print report, Quarterly Print count verification during billing.
• Backup operations tasks, changing tapes in ER1 Cage on regular basis.
Ensure Security and prevent Malfunctions
• To monitor MS Systems for any malfunctions and prevent system outages through periodical monitoring the dataflow.
• To maintain a secure client / server operating platform for DIFCA Staff, including client operating systems, security updates and anti-virus and anti-spam updates
• To monitor system performance, capacity and utilization and take corrective action, and raise it to the Assistant Manager – MS Systems
• To operate periodic failover testing for MS Systems between Production and DR.
• Ensure highest level of availability, reliability and performance for storage and backup platforms and associated product.
• Ensure that all servers and systems are secure by maintaining the latest patches and updates in compliance with the approved security policy and standard.
• Security Management services, performs functions related to security including standard server virus repair, coordination, and internal checks.
Provide System maintenance and monitoring
• Daily System Health Checks. If any issue identified, to be fixed.
• Assist the Assistance Manager – MS System to prepare capacity reports for the storage utilization for all the applications and create a capacity trend to analyze the storage use for better management of storage to support business critical application
• Raise the monitor report of the storage capacity to ensure business continuity
• Ensure to monitor the virtual environment monitoring tools.
• Ensure the server patch MGMT / Server management are well monitored and need action taken.
• To monitor the physical nodes memory, CPU utilization and proposed solution to the management for enhancement based on the utilization.
• To ensure highest level of availability, reliability and performance for virtualization platforms and associated products as level one support and raise any challenges to Assistance Manager – MS-System.
• Ensure the ongoing tuning, hardware upgrades and resource optimization as required, configure CPU, memory and disk partitions as required is taken to consideration and action.
• To monitor the service levels of the services and SLA metrics which not limited to following Overall Incident summary report, System Utilization report and Storage utilization report
• Implement Cloud Systems
• Installation/implementation, configuring and supporting cloud-based systems.
• Responsible for the evaluation of cloud strategy and program architecture
• Responsible for gathering system requirements working together with application architects and owners
• Responsible for generating scripts and templates required for the automatic provisioning of resources
• Discover standard cloud services offerings, install, and execute processes and standards for optimal use of cloud service provider offerings.
• Stay well-informed of failures and complications related to a cloud offering
• Responsible for debugging technical issues inside a complex stack involving virtualization, containers, microservices, etc.
• Collaborate with the system development teams to enable their applications to run on Cloud infrastructure.
• Develop skills and acquire additional knowledge appropriate to the position on an ongoing basis
• Keep abreast with the latest updates that may be significant to the area of work information Security & Risk
• Preserving confidentiality, integrity and availability of information that is processed and handled.
• Responsibility of adhering to the information security policies/processes/program.
• Perform other duties and responsibilities related to the job and assigned by line manager.
Terms and conditions
Joining time frame: 2 weeks (maximum 1 month)
Cautionary Notice: QatarJobFinder.com Warns Job Seekers Against Paying Employers for Visa or Expenses - Legitimate Employers Should Cover These Costs Themselves. Read More...