Telecom professional with expertise in FEED, detailed design & Implementation (EPC), project lifecycle understanding & planning, quality assurance, time and budget control with focus on safety. Working knowledge of Instrumentation and SCADA.
Petrofac Emirates LLC, Sharjah: October, 2013 – Present
As Manager Telecom, I have been involved in all the EPC activities. Leading a team of engineers and designers, am responsible for project delivery, resource forecasting and utilization, quality assurance as well as leading in the technical aspects of Telecom related work (including technical specifications, block diagrams, wiring diagrams, equipment and routing layout, cable schedules, route index, etc.). Role also includes interaction with other departments like Electrical, Civil, HSE, Instrumentation, Planning, Procurement, Logistics, QA, Projects, Document Controllers and Construction Team during various phases of the project.
I am also the Technical Authority for quality assurance in all the Projects in the Department. I have responsibility of Proposal delivery time to time.
* Lead for EPC of Telecom and Security system for Plant, associated pipelines (Green and Brown field) for GC32 Project in Kuwait (including DWDM, LAN, CCTV, PAGA, Fence Intrusion Detection, Telephone Network, SCS, Access control, GPS, EPS, BIDS, Fiber optic and Copper Network). Project is at Construction phase.
* Lead for EPC of Multi Telecom system for Plant and associated pipelines for Reggane in Algeria (including SDH, LAN, CCTV, PAGA, Fence Intrusion Detection, Tetra, VSAT, Inmarsat, PSTN, Access control, Meteorological, VHF Aeronautical, NDB, Cable Network).
* Lead Proposal for Telecom system for Manifold, Gathering and Trunk line for KOC (MGT project). Project is Commissioned.
* Lead Proposal and FEED for Sonatrach Compressor system in Hassi Rmel.
* Lead for Bid evaluation of vendor selection for 3.5Billion USD project for Zadco.
3W Networks, Dubai: June, 2011 – October, 2013
As Engineering Manager, involved in understanding the overall scope, Estimate time and Manpower, approval of critical Vendor Documents, quality control including approval of major documents/drawings, Man-hour control, progress monitoring technical standardization and quality control.
Involved in a number of major projects including the following:
* Onshore South Pars Phase 19 Gas refining project (BHS): Telecom system for Plant area for onshore gas refining connecting to Offshore Platforms.
* Offshore South Pars Phase 19 (BVD): Telecom system for the various platforms producing Gas and connecting to the Onshore through pipelines. Systems include: LAN, PABX, PAGA, CCTV, Metrological system, NDB, radio.
* Umm Lulu Brown & Green field and Al Nasr Platform Green Field project (BQU): Telecom system extension to unmanned Hazardous Area Platforms in the Green field and extension of PAGA, UHF system from Umm Lulu Brown and USSC in Al Nasr.
* EPC for Qushawira Full Field Development 1.8 MMBOPD Project for ADCO (ASJ) : Telecom System connecting Onshore Oil Producing/Gas Injection Wells to Degassing Stations (CDS, RDS) and interfacing with Asab Oil field. Systems include: SDH, UHF Radio, Microwave, Access Control, CCTV, Telephone, PAGA, Meteorological Systems, ground to Air and structured cabling.
* Upgrade of Crude Gathering Facilities Safaniya-Phase I for Saudi Aramco (BBD): Telecom system connecting 12 offshore platforms with main onshore facilities using Ethernet Ring, FOC, Telephone, Radio.
* EPIC of CCTV, PA/GA, PDH & IP/MPLS System at Dukhan for Qatar Petroleum (AUS): Telecom System with IP/MPLS Backbone Network connecting 78 IP/MPLS stations, switches, CCTV and PAGA.
* FERTIL-2 Ammonia/Urea Expansion Project (AYW) : Telecom system for expansion of Fertilizer plant.
PL Engineering, India, March, 2009 – May, 2011
As HOD Instrumentation -Telecommunication, involvement in technical and administrative matters of the Instrumentation & Telecommunication group (total 54 persons) including projects, proposals, quality, standardization, training and development, resource management and allocation.
* Kashagan Export Oil & Gas Pipeline Project for AGIP KCO, SDH based with telephones, CCTV systems and RTUs.
* Sabah-Sarawak Gas Pipeline for Petronas Gas SDN BHD, VSAT communication System, IP -VPN system, ICT (Information Communication Transmission) system, PA/GA system, PABX system, VHF Communication, CCTV Surveillance System.
* KOC Pipeline Project for EPC – Petrofac: Preparation of Telecom design Basis, Inquiry requisition, functional Design Specifications, Termination details, etc. including collection of data from site, submission and approval of documents from Petrofac and end- customer, M/s KOC.
* Essar oil Spurline Project for Cairn, Telecom works including Optical fibre cables, CCTV and telephones systems.
* El-Merk Project (TBA Presentation) for EPC – Petrofac, preparation of TBE for telecom system includes Optical system, CCTV, Radio system (Trunk VHF, Aeronautical Radio, HF radio, Access Control and PIDS systems, PABX network, Environmental System, LAN, PAGA systems, etc.
Technip France, Abu Dhabi: October, 2008 – January, 2009
As Lead Engineer, involved in basic and Detailed Engineering and supervision of persons working with me. As part of Technip, worked for few proposals/projects like Integrated Gas Development Project-Habshan 5 (Proposal handling) for Gasco.
Engineers India Limited (EIL): July, 1989 – October, 2008
As Senior Manager Telecom, was involved in Feasibility studies, selection of optimum communication system, Preparation of design basis, Detailed Engineering including taking Inputs and providing details to other Engineering departments like Electrical, Civil, Pipelines, Structural, etc., Preparation of Material Requisition and Tender specifications, Technical bid analysis and recommendation, Review of engineering documents/drawings submitted by vendor(s), Conducting Factory Acceptance Testing & Site Acceptance Testing, as required, Quality assurance and supervision at site during construction (Cable laying, cable jointing/Testing, equipment installation, etc.)
As Telecom Lead, was involved in overall Project Management of Telecom works achieving the end objectives to Client satisfaction as per standards and with the prime objective of keeping time and cost aspects under control for the following projects:
* Mundra -Delhi Pipeline for Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd, Mundra-Delhi is a 1100km pipeline project with 42 stations.
* Trombay-Loni Sholapur Pipeline Project for Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Ltd Trombay- Loni-Sholapur is a 600km pipeline project with ~20 stations
* Manglya-Bijwasan Pipeline Project for Bharat Petroleum Corporation. Manglya-Bijwasan is 800km (27 stations).
* CCK PIPELINE PROJECT. Client M/s Petronet, India.
* LANCO PIPELINE PROJECT, Client: Gas Authority of India limited, India.;
* MUMBAI MANMAD PIPELINE PROJECT, Client: Bharat Petroleum Corporation Ltd.
* JAMNAGAR-LONI PIPELINE PROJECT Client: Gas Authority of India limited, India
As a Lead engineer prepared the FEED documents for Telecom for the following projects.
* KPPC Project for EPC Technimont.
* Inter-Refineries Pipeline Project, Client: Takreer, Abu Dhabi
* VIZAG-SECUNDERABAD PIPELINE PROJECT, Client: Gas Authority of India limited, India
* HBJ UP GRADATION PROJECT Client Gas Authority of India limited, India
* MANGALORE-COIMBATORE PIPELINE PROJECT Client: Gas Authority of India limited, India.
* NORTH SOUTH GUJARAT PROJECT, Client Gas Authority of India limited, India.
* HBJ PHASE-III PROJECT Client: Gas Authority of India limited, India.
* DADRI-PANIPAT PROJECT Client: Gas Authority of India limited, India
As Job Engineer, involved in implementation of Telecom system for the following Projects: MGCC PIPELINE PROJECT Client: Indian Petroleum Corporation Limited
Education: Delhi College of Engineering. Bachelor of Engineering (B.E) in Electronics & Communication (1989).
B.E. at DELHI COLLEGE OF ENGINEERING
Subscription required to View Contact Details. Subscribe Now