Structured Cabling Technician
Location: doha qatar
Highly Talented and Certified IT Structured cabling Technician with years of experience in Central offices as well as commercial businesses ,skilled in installation, maintenance and diagnosis of Cat5e,Cat6 and fiber optic networks, with the ability to lead, motivate and coordinate technical Teams and projects.
BT Certificate : Electronics in August 1990
Courses & Certifications
SIRTI (Italian Company): Certificate in SM Fiber optic Cable Fusion splicing and maintenance.
3M Telecommunications: a-Certification in SM/MM Fiber Cabling System.
B-Certification in copper cabling system Cat5e,Cat6,Cat6a
Leviton : Certification in Copper and Optical Fiber Communication Cabling System
AMP Netconnect : a-Certification in installing premises cabling systems (Data and Fiber Optic)
B-Certification in Certifying and Troubleshooting Generic Cabling Systems.
IELTS : Certification in English Language
experience & SKILLS
September 2012 – up to date
Owner/ InfraNet Company ltd.
January 2010 – August 2012
Owner /OptiNet Services sarl.
Structured Cabling Technician.
A full service infrastructure solutions provider. StructuredCabling,OutsidePlant,
Fiber Optics, Wireless Systems.
InfraNet offers its clients the complete installation package including Consultancy, Installation and Support,The company undertakes all sizes of network installation projects (Server Rooms, Wireless LAN, Structured Cabling) we provide a total service anywhere inside & outside Lebanon. Contracts can be carried out with very short lead times and with the flexibility to work out of normal office hours if required. Work is completed on schedule and with the minimum of disruption to your existing office routines. All of the cable and component parts installed carry a full warranty of 10 years. We install and test the site rigorously, providing documented results of all tests carried out.
· Design, install, document and maintain local area networks, including Fiber Optic Infrastructure(MDF-ODF)
· Provide & Install Category 5e, 6 and 6a Fast Ethernet cabling
· Skilled in rack design and placement in MDF/IDF areas.
· Installation, Termination and Splicing of M/M & S/M fiber, S/T & S/C & LC fittings using 3M Hot melt Machine and Fusion splicing Machine
· Purchases inventory and manages all materials and test equipment used on the Operations and Maintenance Contracts.
· Reduced customer down-time by implementing a base-wide re-cabling of all MDF/IDF areas and equipment enclosures including the labeling
Of internal and external LAN / Network Ports and Cables.
· Regularly performs audits and inspections of fiber and copper cable facilities
· Supplying Communication Equipment & accessories such as (switches, converters, transceivers, patchpanels, Racks, patchcords, etc…)
· Implemented a yearly re-evaluation of materials and test equipment to ensure that our team is able to keep up with the changing technology
Successfully completed network infrastructure work for the following clients
& projects: (BLOM bank –SGBL bank –AUDI bank-DHL-Airport –LAU-AUB
HDF-MTC-ALFA-MTN Sudan and many others).
April 2006-December 2009
Telnet Services sarl
· Senior Network Technician
Build network closets, including running and termination both Data and fiber optic backbones in high-bay atmospheres and clean-rooms as well as both secure and unsecure cable paths inside the corporate buildings. I have also worked in mounting vertical Racks and wall mounted cabinets, wire managers, Cat5e, 6,6a patch panels and patch cords, light interface units for SC and LC.
March 2001-April 2004
· Senior Network Technician
Excellent knowledge in the area of structured cabling, installation, termination, commissioning and troubleshooting.
Technical understanding of service provider’s technologies and integration of telecommunication products and services.
Technical hands-on knowledge and experience in implementation and operation of system related to technologies such as PABX Telephony, Microwave, passive infrastructure (copper and Fiber Cabling).
Ability to operate and complete assigned tasks on schedule across multiple diverse projects with common ICT/telecommunication services requirements.
Intermittent contact with QP subsidiaries affiliates technical focal points related to provisioning of new services or operational requirements.
March 1998-june 2001
ETS Caporal & Moretti SAL
· structured Network Technician
Familiar with NEC, BICSI and EIA/TIA installation Standards.
Cat5e, Cat6 installation, pathways, dressing, termination and testing using Fluke machine.
Telecommunication room Rack and tray build outs.
Installation of fiber optic SM/MM with termination and testing using Meters, OTDRs.
Managed many projects, while supervising a team of 10 workers.
March 1995-Feb 1997
SIRTI (an Italian Company )Lebanon Branch
· Splicer Fiber Optic Technician
Installation of enclosures Aerial and underground, ODF/MDF.
Splicing and testing Single mode fiber using Fujikura splicing machine
Read Blueprints and schematics to correctly place equipment.
Prepped ,dressed ,and stored fiber optic cabling to specifications, installed equipment on pole ,cable strand ,hand hole , or communication closet using various hand tools, operate hand tools and test equipment ,including splicer,cleaver,fiber prep tools,otdr,light meters and light scope.
· References are available upon request.
Only Employers can view Contact Details. Request Access