IT support engineer
Location: Doha, Qatar
• 12 years of experience as IT SUPPORT Engineer (10 years of GCC experience )
• Qatar and Saudi driving license holding
• Expertise in Windows server 2003/2008/2012/2016/2019 Windows 98/XP/WIN7/8,10 Apple OSX,IOS, MS office suite with all aspects of capacity analysis, project management, implementation, coordination, operations, problem resolution, software integration, customer service & migration.
• Fulfill the end users IT requests for software installations, software configurations, hardware relocations and other business requirements.
• Extensive hands on experience in Active Directory Services, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS, and RAID Arrays.
• Experienced with Dell, HP& IBM server, and networking hardware.
• Resolving issues remotely through RD Team viewer and VNC.
• Extensive knowledge to provide hardware and software support for end user community via telephone, dial up networking/ VPN (incl. Remote users who have cable modems or DSL lines)
• Excellent trouble-shooting skills and ability to solve problem. Flair to learn & implement new technologies. Teamwork, Adaptability & Accountability.
• Excellent Documentation, Communication, Inter-personal & Leadership skills.
• Strong project management and interpersonal skills.
• Carry out the Deployment and installations of end user computer equipment and peripherals based on the business demand.
• Worked in several disaster recovery situations for servers and hardware installation not limited to pc.
• Worked in a VMware environment and supported users with all issues on it.
• Good knowledge in motherboard level of IT equipment’s.
• Ability to work under pressure
• Ability to manage team and assign duties.
• Ability to manage firm.
• Ability to work on multiple projects.
• Excellent communication skill with multiple languages.
• 5 more years’ experience in customer-facing support role.
• Good experience with Android and IOS mobile and tablet devices.
• Basic knowledge of payment gateways
Assigning scheduling duties for team and staff individually as per SLA and other.
Maintain complete accountability for Windows Systems, including installation of windows Sever 2003 2008, 2012, 2016, 2019,
Creating, managing Service Desk incidents for assigning work.
Handling 2factor authentication to access high secured servers.
Creating report from servers, clients,
Escalate incidents to the concerned department and level when required.
Installing and configuring servers
Migration of servers and services using command and GUI
Migration of storages
Installing and updating patches in servers with RFC
Handling various servers multiple Domains, DC’s, Web server, Print server.
Configuring and managing TCP/IP , AD, DHCP, DNS, WINS, Cluster, services
Configuring and managing Active directory and managing user, groups, OU, Computers.
Configuring DHCP scope and reserving, changing, in cluster network Configuring and managing failover cluster Configuring registry, group policy, MMC.
ABDUL YAS OTTATHENGIL
Managing virtualization environment
Setup and manage shared folder on windows File Server
Ensuring Daily Backup of Project data and restoring back as and when required
Installing and configuring special hospital equipment’s to system
Installing and configuring hospital applications between client and servers Setting up video presentation for doctor’s and companies.
Backup and restore user’s data.
Reporting to IT manager status of all sites and future requirements. Relocating IT equipment, troubleshooting diagnosis of Network and desktops.
Managing the helpdesk and resolving issues related to them by remote and direct visit. Configuring iOS and android devices with citrix and other utility apps Managing acronis and Norton ghost.
Installing and configuring network printers.
Configuring and troubleshooting Microsoft outlook account
Resolving issues through remote using team viewer ,VNC ,Any desk
Configuring profiles of users, mailboxes, assigning permission and implementing computer and group policies.
Installing and configuring clients
Supporting DCS application, cute web servers, and clients. Configuring cute devices in arinc platform
Managing airlines applications and sessions in web server.
Accessing multiple domain servers using and without using ILO
Commissioning and decommissioning of servers
Configuring Teaming NIC
Accessing servers through ILO.
Resolving issue via WEBX
Finding issues with log files
Creating and editing scrips using PowerShell.
Monitoring of virtual Machine’s (CPU,Memory,Disk And Network) for optimum and efficient utilization
Configuring systems, print servers dcp, bgr, bcr, btp, atb, msr, ocr, rcp Provide IT Support to Company Personnel, in person via email, over phone.
Provide first and second level support through call centre or onsite, for all IT services. Processed an average1000 tickets per month and resolved as per the SLA.
Managing user accounts and giving share and security level permission.
Taking remote and resolving issues
Researched, documented and escalated cases to higher levels of support
o to internal procedure
Assisted in process refinement to improve customer service and support developed a knowledge base and document all the new issues face by the team Responded to customer service emails in a timely and effective manner.
Imaging of Systems and deploying back using Norton ghost and Acronics true image.
Maintaining and troubleshooting Network Printers and scanners.
Timely analyze whether any repair or maintenance needed.
Doing weekly Preventive maintenance and creating report of all the IT assets in the company.
Coordinating with the contractors and the Client.
Servicing all kind of systems and equipment’s including chip-level
Handling on site services
Ordering necessary spare parts for clients
Flashing and pushing firmware’s and bios by using bios programmer Setting up Servers and Computers on every site.
Installing and configuring modems, switches, routers.
Backing up all data from all sites to one single location
January 2015–Till date Hamad International Airport (Qatar) as IT Team lead
December 2008– December 2011 (3 Years’ experience) KING FAHAD MEDICAL CITY (Riyadh) as IT Support Engineer
December 2007–December 2008 (1 Year) Asti Naiad apple System service centre (RIYAD) System Service Engineer
December 2012 – January 2015 (2 Years’ experience) LAP AND TAB SERVICE CENTER (India) Head of service
: Windows server, 2003, 2008,2012,2016,2019 Windows 98, XP, vista, 7, 8 &10 Apple OSX ,Linux, Android.
: VMware ,Hyper-V, Virtual box
: Adobe photo shop, Adobe premiere, Adobe after effects Macro media flash, 3DMAX, VFX, Maya.
: HPSM, NETKA, HP Remedy system
Bachelor in Computer Application (RVD University Rajasthan )
Plus Two (Board of Higher Secondary , Government of Kerala )
SSLC ( GMHS Calicut University, Government of Kerala )
Microsoft Certified IT professional
Cisco certified system associate
Advanced Diploma in Hardware & Networking
Diploma in multimedia
: Abdul Yas Ottathengil
Date of Birth
: Married with two Kids
: Qatar and Saudi driving license holding
Only Employers can view Contact Details. Request Access