Senior Accountant / Chief Accountant
Location: Doha, Qatar
A Finance Professional with 11 years of working experience (9 Years in Qatar) in Accounting & Finance. I have completed MBA in Financial Management. A quality-focused leader capable of delegating tasks and overseeing staff work.
Knowledge of Accounting Practices, Proficiency in Accounting Software, Ability to Prepare Financial Statements, Ability to Analyze Data, Time Management Skills, Written and Verbal Communication Skills, Problem-solving skills,
Currently seeking a job and am ready to join immediately.
- Ability to Prepare Financial Statements
- Knowledge of Accounting Practices
- Problem-solving skills
- Proficiency in Accounting Software
- Written and Verbal Communication Skills
Secondary / 10th at KBPE, Kerala
Higher Secondary at DHSE Kerala
B.Com at Unieversity of Calicut
Bachelor of Commerce – Co-operation
MBA - FM at Unieversity of Annamalai
Master of Business Administration – Financial Management
- Jun 2012 to Aug 2013
ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT at GEMPLAST (PLASTIC MANUFACTURING CO.), KERALA,
• Maintain day to day books of Accounts in Tally.
• Enter posting of purchase, sales, payment, receipt and journal voucher and petty cash handled.
• Answering phone calls and emails and resolving customers and suppliers queries.
• Maintained Bank, Debtors and Creditors Reconciliation.
• Prepared monthly Income Tax Computation (E-Filing), TDS, EPF and Service Tax.
• Prepared outstanding list of Debtors and making the payment follow up respectively.
• Checking and verifying stock monthly or quarterly.
• Preparation of various reports for senior managers.
• Fixed Asset accounting, reconciliations and depreciation journals.
• Worked in Tally ERP.9, MS Excel and MS Word.
- Sep, 2013 - Oct , 2014
ACCOUNTANT at RELIABLE TRADING & CONTRACTING CO.
• Managed accounts payable, accounts receivable, and payroll departments.
• Handling all telephone inquiries relating to accounts payable and accounts receivable issues.
• Data entry of approved invoices into payables & receivable system.
• Documenting all accounts payable and accounts receivable transactions.
• Collecting all invoices and obtaining approval for payment.
• Verifying invoice cost against purchase order cost before issuing any vendor payments.
• Reconciled vendor accounts by checking monthly transactions against supporting statements.
• Co-ordinate financial departments with responsibility for Budgets, Forecasting, Payroll, Accounts Payable and Receivable.
• Maintain and update Chart of Accounts, Petty Cash and Month End Closing.
• Processing invoices to customers.
• Maintain a strict deadline for collection and reporting activities.
• Coordinated monthly payroll functions for 50+ employees.
• Calculating salaries, overtime and benefits.
• Bank, Debtors, Creditors Reconciliation on time.
• Providing support documentation for audits.
• Performing general administrative duties such as copying, filing and reviewing the mail.
• Worked in Tally ERP.9, MS Word and MS Excel.
- Nov, 2014 - Nov , 2017
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE / SENIOR ACCOUNTANT at BARQ GROUP
• Prepare, examine and analyze accounting records, financial statements and other financial reports.
• Investigates and resolves problems associated with processing of invoices and purchase orders.
• Negotiates with suppliers for maximum credit facility and clearing the dues on time.
• Collect, compile, and review invoices from vendors for payment processing.
• Prepare and post journal entries for inter-company accounts.
• Prepare and oversee journal entries including recurring entries and allocations such as month-end accruals, pre-paid
adjustments, and unrecorded liabilities;
• Review detailed analyses of fixed asset general ledger accounts, and forecast depreciation expenditure on a
monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
• Ensure accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses.
• Coordinate the month – end closing process to ensure all corporate deadlines are met and information is presented in accordance with GAAP.
• Analyze monthly income statement variances vs. budget, prior forecasts, and prior year actual on revenues and operating expenses.
• Bank related work (Letter of Guarantee & Letter of Credit, Tele Transfer & other bank guarantees etc.)
• Petty cash management, preparing daily cash report, monthly report etc.
• Process and settle monthly company credit card purchases into accounting system.
• Handling of payroll of 300+ employees and prepare for WPS, staff & labor leave & gratuity (EOSB) settlement.
• Verifying reconciliations of Bank, Suppliers ledger accounts and monitor non-payments.
• Reporting to finance manager regarding the company’s financial status.
• Monitor, coordinate and analyze project monthly reports and performs monthly forecast for projects.
• Coordinating with the project manager and planning the progression of the project and modifications in the project
budget if any;
• Reviewed contractor monthly billing to ensure contract guidelines are being followed.
• Prepares grant reconciliations and calculates appropriate journal entries to accrue revenues and expenditures at year-
end. Performs in carrying out company’s internal audit and external audit.
• Other duties and responsibilities as and when assigned by the management.
• Promoted within 12 months from Accountant to Senior Accountant based on strong work performance.
- Nov, 2017 - Present
DEPUTY FINANCE MANAGER at BARQ GROUP
• Provide leadership and management of the Finance department, and development of junior staff.
• Monitoring day-to-day financial operations within the company, such as payroll, invoicing, and other transactions and processing WPS monthly.
• Monitoring the bank operations such as cash and facility (LG, LC, and other documentary credits) and following with bank RM for processing the documents on time.
• Organizing bank facility renewal for every year as per the bank requirements for all the BG departments.
• Provides analytical support to management to improve homebuilding operations and identify opportunities for cost
savings and revenue enhancement.
• Month-end and Year-end closing related activities to ensure the audit are conducting on time.
• Manage core accounting function / teams including general ledger, fixed assets, inventory, costing, capital expenditure
• Prepare monthly profit & loss statements for each of the business units under Barq Group (MEP & CCTV Division).
• Boosts Profits, monitoring A/R collections process to streamline payments.
• Lead the accounts team to ensure that all financial transactions are recorded timely and accurately, coordinating with accountants and processing teams to ensure that all reconciliations are completed and updated.
• Ensure that all banking transactions are properly recorded and reconciled along with accounts reconciliation on
• Set policies and procedures for financial accounting and ensure that these policies are strictly adhered in order to ensure that the company’s assets are fully protected.
• Oversee all transactions and controls related to inventory, including the annual physical count.
• Prepare monthly provisions, depreciation and prepaid expenses.
• Prepare monthly departmental allocation for the fixed expenses sharing.
• Ensure all incurred cost is reflected accurately and in a timely fashion on the project.
• Work closely with the field to assist in resolving payment issues as they arise
• Monitor project performance and key indicators. Support PM in understanding project performance.
• Monitor & analyze revenue to ensure proper revenue recognition methods
• Assist project manager with the preparation and update active projects; ensure that the current budget reflects original
as-contract plus all client approved changes.
• Work proactively over the month to clear project financial issues; such as % complete > 100 %, adjustments, cash >
contract value and others as outlined.
• Verifying the costing budgeting for strengthening the cash flow for the projects.
• Verifying the Inter-department transactions
• Oversee the payables and receivables in order to manage the cash flows.
• Perform project analysis and prepare reports for management review.
• Understand the commercial and billing requirements of the projects: ensure project set up accurately reflects proper
• Process bank online transactions (WPS, TT, LG, LC and other transactions).
• Support the management to strengthen the financial status of the company by providing necessary management reports
weekly, monthly for suggestions and decision making.
• Weekly meeting conducting with colleagues.
• Performed other tasks required by the Top Management.
Only Employers can view Contact Details. Request Access